Upon the passing of a loved one, there are typical situations that, if not properly planned for, can create a burden on those left behind.
Proper planning can:
- Help you face the financial and emotional consequences of death and take action to minimize the effects on your family after death.
- Create a definite plan for managing your finances and assets while you are living and manage the distribution of your assets after your death in accordance with your wishes.
- Avoid the hassle and expense of probate court, which can drag on and become expensive. Because it is a public record, anyone can see what assets were in your estate upon your death.
- Structure your affairs to ensure your business remains solvent after your death.
- Ensure that your minor children are given the care and support that you intended.
We recommend that you thoroughly review your estate plan each year and make any revisions that may be required as a result of law changes or changes in your personal situation that impact the overall planning of your estate. Personal changes might include a marriage, the birth of a child, death of a family member or a divorce.
Let us help you be ready.
6 Bicentennial Square Concord, NH 03301 | Tel. (603) 224-2000 | Fax: (603) 224-2613
Copyright © 2010 Mason + Rich PA